Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Scraps of Darkness Reveal Day - Victoriana - Feb 2012




 Victoriana - Scraps Of Darkness Kit for Feb 2012. 

Welcome to our reveal for the Scraps of Darkness Feb Victoriana Kit.  Packed with coordinated papers and  hours of designing fun.  

Baby Bird In a Gilded Cage
This photo was taken from Moonlight Magical Free Studios.  I know this is the Scraps of Darkness, but look how versatile the kit is?  Soft, romantic or edgy and gritty...the kit fits your scrapping style. 

This layout was created using the wonderful design of Charlotte Jenkins,  or suepup.  Thanks Charlotte, for inspiring us monthly. 

I used the Martha Stewart pansy corner punch to create a circle template, then I rubbed Tim Holtz Walnut distress ink over it for a mask effect. 
This layout also features the very new birdcage design of Dusty Attic.  This is a sneak peek since the designs have not been released yet.  I covered this in gold Stickles for my gilded cage.

The flowers are cut from the patterned paper, squished to crinkle them for dimension, then layered.
The leaves are from the Heartfelt Creations/Spellbinders Bella Rose die/stamp set and cut in Tim Holtz Glassine paper. 


Vogue
This is a photo I took of my niece at Christmas 2009.  So long ago already?  I had her wear my grandma's fur coat, that I now own.  The coloring of the coat is such a perfect accent for her strawberry blond hair. 

The papers have a cool dress maker pattern theme and pattern to them so I took out an old paper pattern and torn some, inked it and applied it with modpodge for my background.
I used the Dusty Attic  Ornate Corner #5 2pk  DA0348  for the corners.  I inked them with Tim Holtz Rusty Hinge and then applied stickles in Cinnamon and some jewels.
I made the flower out of dress pattern tissue paper. First I started out using my paper punch.  Super bad idea.  Then I decided to just cut freehand.  The tissue paper is so fragile.  I misted the whole flower with Tattered Angels Glimmermist in Sugar Maple.

The inside punch is the McGill Starburst. 



Grey Goose and Cranberry
At the end of January, I took a road trip to Ohio to meet up with some amazing scrappy gals I met online at scrappy places.   There were six of us so I popped six glasses on this layout.  My clumsy glass is the one spilling the cranberry juice all over and causing the mess. 

I love the way the sun was just lighting up the bottle - like an invitation to celebrate.
Boy was that a super fun time.  Thanks scrappy sisters. 

Disclaimer - This layout is for illustrative purposes only.  To show how things "could" have gone wrong very badly if I had been drinking Grey Goose and Cranberry.  NO patterned paper was harmed by any unfortunate events while scrapping.   Save the papers for heaven sake!  LOL


Rusty Pump
I took this photo of an 'ol water pump when I was on my scrapping road trip to Ohio in January.   Nothing special, just that it was there and so was my camera.  

I used some cool metal netting that I bought and pleated it, then used one of my all time favorite Dusty Attic pieces, Chicken Wire 12x12 DA0457.  


Here is the close up of the Dusty Attic chicken wire. I inked it with Tim Holtz Rusty Hinge distressing ink and topped with crackle accents. 




If you would like to see more from the Scraps Of Darkness Design Team, click here

Please check out the Scraps Of  Darkness Kit. 

Thanks a bunch for stopping by.  Check out Escape Kitty's blog too.    She is the Mascot Designer for Scraps Of Darkness.  Actually she'd probably strongly suggest that I was downplaying her creative role by saying she is the Mascot.   She'd say she was the Mascot Designer Extraordinaire.  Who's gonna argue with a cat?  That'd be crazy. 



3 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous layouts! I love how versatile this kit is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wonderful pieces... love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer, I have seen your beautiful work on many blogs recently & I was so impressed I decided to come over to your blog & pay a visit. Oh my, I just adore everything that I see here. I love your work & I have become one of your "followers", so you no doubt will see me back here soon. Cheers Di xo
    PS. I love your "Kitty Cat" adventures.

    ReplyDelete