Sunday, April 15, 2012

Dreaming Of Being on the Road - Scraps Of Darkness and Once Upon A Sketch


Dreaming of Going on the Road

Created using the Scraps of Darkness April kit - wowowowow wee is this a stunning kit. Maybe my favorite thus far? But I probably say that each month as I open my box of goodies and gaze upon the contents. That simply means Melinda, the owner, out does herself each month. Please consider SOD. 

This is a photo I took of my husband in March 2012.  He is an accomplished musician playing now for over 45 years.  He is in a few local bands but dreams of hitting the big time and being on the road touring.  While my husband dreams of the road, I know his favorite place to be is at home where his heart is.   While it is great be be away, it is better to be home. 

This was created for  Once Upon a Sketch, using the sketch of the talented and creative Nadia Cannizzo. 
The theme was "home".  




The Dusty Attic Hinge was covered in Shimmerz enamelz embossing powder - Molten Metal.   I love this stuff. 






I made my flowers from some coffee filters I was ready to toss in the trash.  Can you believe it?   What was I thinking about booting something to the curb so callously.  So I punched some flower shapes out with an old EK success flower punch in large and small.  Sprayed they with spray starch and hit with my heat gun.  The spray starch gives them a feel sot of crispy like rice paper. They look more delicate in real life.  




Thanks for checking out my images and artwork. 
Please consider Scraps of Darkness and joining our scrappy family.

6 comments:

  1. Great photo to go with a great layout , as always. Love it. Cheers Di xo
    PS I loved your last post on CSI of your cute kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a stunning lo! Love all the little details...just fab! Tks. for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen...first off that photo ROCKS...this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh....beautiful! Love those chippies especially! Thank you for taking part in our challenge at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea for the flowers! TFS! Beautiful layout!!Thank you for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning stunning stunning....such gorgeous details!!...wow i do not know where to begin!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Once Upon A...Sketch!
    hugz
    irini

    ReplyDelete