Saturday, May 19, 2012

Birthday Card - Scraps of Darkness, Summer Breeze


This is a Birthday card I made using the Scraps Of Darkness May Summer Breeze Kit and the Prima Sun Kiss collection. 

I am not much of a card maker yet every last inch of these wonderful papers needs to used.  Please check out this versatile kit.  Don't let the name Darkness throw you for a loop.....it is whatever you want it to be.   It's sweet, it's dainty, it's artistic, it's edgy, it's steampunk, it's rustic, it's shabby chic, IT'S YOU!

I needed some detail in the trim I used so I took my Adirondack paint dauber in Lemonade and just dabbed here and there. 

The trim was a surprise gift from my friend Hel.   If you have spent time in the galleries at over at Scrapbook.com, you may know her as Helbert.  Gosh what a sweet and considerate soul in addition to being a talented artist and friend.


Any way, she surprised me with a wonderful package for my birthday full of the most luxurious trims and ribbons, fabrics and some burlap.  The burlap was a little dubious however, because it had a big square cut out of the middle - rather sloppy job.   Then I saw Miss Escape Kitty had a layout with oddly the exact size of the burlap square.   Kitty tried to pretend NOTHING happened by ignoring me as I spoke to her.  Any of you have pets that try to pull this routine on you when you address them?

Thanks Hel!  You are one in a million - talented, kind and ever so thoughtful.



Supplies used:
Ranger Ink - Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber - Lights - Lemonade
• Ranger Ink - Liquid Pearls - Dimensional Paint - Bisque 
• Ranger Ink - Stickles Glitter Glue - Icicle 
• Prima - Sun Kiss Collection - Chipboard Stickers with Glitter Accents 
• Prima - Lady Godivas Collection - Fabric Flower Embellishments - Nougat 
• Prima - Sun Kiss Collection - 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper - Kindred Spirits


Thanks for looking

No comments:

Post a Comment