Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Flying Unicorns July Kit of the Month Sunset Dreams - Friends


This was created using the Flying Unicorns July Kit of the Month - Sunset Dreams. 
This is an old vintage photo from the early 1900's. I liked the black and white image with the stark paper I chose.

I used a lot of gesso and paste and masking.  I also used the Claudine Hellmuth foam stamp that included in a prior Kit.  You can see the stamping in the corners.


I started by dabbing gesso on my paper with a  natural sponge.  Then I added the Shimmerz Texturz -Teal Me No Lies using the Prima 12x12 Quartrefoil mask.  After that dried, I used the mask again and used Dreamweaver Studio 490 Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste in Gold.  This paste is thick and when heated with heat gun, it has the most gorgeous rich gold tone.

I coated the metal Adornments with some Rub N Buff is Antique gold to give them  richness to blend with the gold embossing paste and my fibers. i really love the metal adornments that the Flying Unicorns carry in the store.  They are exclusively Unicorn.   If that makes sense.

Thanks for stopping by.  Please think about dropping by the Flying Unicorns and giving a few monthly challenges a try.  You do not need to use any Flying Unicorn products to join the fun.


Flying Unicorns Kit of the Month -July Sunset Dreams
Teresa Collins Summer Stories- Flowers SUM103
Flying Unicorns Adornments
Claudine Hellmuth foam stamp -Domestic
Viva Decor 3D Stamp Paint - Lime Green Metallic
Dreamweaver Studio 490 Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste in Gold
Prima Mask Quartrefoil 12x12 564766
Shimmerz Texturz -Teal Me No Lies
Prima Avante Teal flowers 566678
Rub N Buff Antique Gold
Tim Holtz Distress Inks Scattered Straw
Gesso
Fibers/trim

No comments:

Post a Comment