Monday, July 1, 2013

Flying Unicorns Kit of the Month Sunset Dreams - I love You


I Loved You  yesterday, 
I loved you still, 
I always have
I always will.
That's a beautiful poem and way too pretty to cover over with a photo so I created my page to frame that poem. I wanted to make a page to reflect the beauty of the poem. 

I used gesso on the patterned paper first.  Then I applied some texture to the page with the Shimmerz Texturez products.  You can't see the Tidy Widy too well but you can see the Crushed Coral.  Oh what a gorgeous coral color that is. 

The doily has a little Mixd Media Inx in Mossy on it.
There is not much to the page in terms of technique, or embellishing but the poem is the star.


I ripped a little cardboard from a white box to use as the matting for the poem.  I save boxes to use.  Annoying habit of mine but thankfully my family is tolerant. I have found a few of "my boxes" in the trash and I was not as tolerant.  hahahaha

Thanks for looking here.  Remember that you never need to subscribe to Flying Unicorns kits. They are available to all until sold out.  You never need to use Flying Unicorn products or kits to participate in the challenges.  Use your own stash.  We  want you to feel comfortable.

Supplies:
Flying Unicorns July Kit of the Month
Kaisercraft Porcelain Rose Collection Wall Flower P1157
Martha Stewart Punch - Large Wildflowers/Doily lace edge punch
EK Success - Abstract Flowers Punch
Prima Sugar Plum Roses Banana 655350
Websters Pages Bradnin O'neill - Modern Romance US20300
Sizzix Branch w/ leaves 656367
Prima Clear Stamp 563042
Prima Encore Ivory 561369
Prima Bel Canto C 655350
Clearsnap Donna Salazar Mixd Media Inx - Mossy
Shimmerz Texturez Crushed Coral and Tidy Widy
Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Vintage Photo

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely Gorgeous!!!
    Love the poem and your choice of embellies. One of my favorites of yours to date!!

    Happy Crafting
    Tracie
    http://homeofthepurskey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shut the front door!!! This is stunning!! Wow Jen..just love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous Jen!!!! Love your work girly!!

    ReplyDelete