Monday, February 17, 2014

Julie Nutting Doll Stamps - Colors of the Seasons


 Prima/ Julie Nutting's Doll Stamps
Today I am  sharing some projects made with Prima Marketing and Julie Nutting's new stamps and stamp kits perfect for card making.  You can find the original post on the Prima blog here

The Doll Stamps are a delight to use and the possibilities are endless. They speak to my childhood love for paper dolls as well as my current love affair with patterned paper and Prima goodies.  So I created two tags and a card.  I like to think I captured most of the colors of the seasons below with my pieces though I was not trying. 

I'll start off with my ode to winter because in New York where I live, we are having our share of cold, blustery, snowy days.  I bet many of you are also having your fill of winter.  I am going to embrace Winter just as Julie Nutting has with her adorable Warm Wishes Cling Stamp Set.

My little snow darlin' is dressed in winter white, with a blush pink skirt and matching hat.  She has snowy white leggings on also.  She's well prepared to stay warm. 

I stenciled the background with Finnabair's Elementals Stencil to look like snowballs. 

   
Prima Supplies:
910501 Prima Julie Nutting Cling Stamp - Warm Wishes
960445 Prima Finnabair Elementals Stencil
813529 Prima Something Blue Collection - A4 pad
564452 Prima Lyric Flowers
549336 Prima Candy Gems Berry
300623 Prima E.Line Pearls & crystals

Other Supplies:
Molding paste
fibers and yarn
cardboard 
embossing enamel

Spring and Summer follow the thaw and Julie Nutting's "Mindy" stamp is our Spring and Summer gal with a warmer, softer, lazy, hazy palette.   I used the Princess Collection on this tag and tucked a  wooden ATC card in also.



Prima Products:
572921 Prima Wooden ATC
574383 Prima Flowers - Princess Castle 
573218 Prima Something Blue Collection -Say It In Crystals
564230 Prima Stencil
529567 Prima Flowers Pillar Pack-white

Other Products:
Paper Doily
edge punch
molding paste
lace
brown ink

Next up is my celebration of Autumn with help of Julie Nutting's Megan Stamp and the Stationer's Collection.  I stamped the doll onto  a sheet of Stationer's  Desk -Captured Drama paper.
I created some motion and volume to Megan's dress using layers of cardboard and patterned paper
(let's pretend that an autumn breeze is tossing her skirt about).


Bonus Tip!

I glued twine to the back of the tag.  This looks wonderful from the front, but leaves the back unattractive and messy. If you hate the back of your tags because they are a crazy mess ( like mine), then just glue a piece of folded cardstock to the back and cover up all those unattractive backsides - turning your tag into a tag/card allowing for room to write your sentiments. 


Thanks for stopping by today.  
#primamarketing

Prima Products:
910686 Prima Julie Nutting Tag Pad
813796 Prima Stationer's  Desk -Captured Drama paper
814106 Prima Stationer's Desk 3x4 ATC pad 
573256 Prima Stationer's Desk - Tag Me
951122 Prima Stationer's Desk- Chipboard
573614 Prima Trim 3 pack
960964 Prima Clear Stamp
574840 Prima Flowers - Jute Flowers -Jeweled 

Other Products:
edge punch
cardboard
brad
jute
ribbon
Thanks for sharing your day with Prima!

3 comments:

  1. totally awesome projects with my fav designer "julie Nutting" stamps...you have an awesome job with the stamps. love them all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi 2nd mom As i said in our last conversation your dolls will went good ! And im right !! Never ever be discourage bring hope if you done something not right .. good job !! Proud of ya !! http://shimmerlyscrappy.blogspot.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally amazing use of the stamps - just got some... so inspirational!

    ReplyDelete