Friday, February 21, 2014

Prima Julie Nutting Doll Stamps and Jodie Lee's Princess Collection - Altered Princess Armoire closet ( Necklace Closet)

Two Great Prima Collections rolled into one Project:  Jodie Lee's Princess Collection and Julie Nutting's Doll stamps

From the moment I saw the new Princess collection by Jodie Lee, I was hooked.  I needed to create some kind of Princess piece, something, not sure what.  Then I laid eyes on Julie Nutting's new doll stamp and an idea flooded into my head.

As a child I loved paper dolls.  It was my favorite gift for many years. I'd  design my own clothing and cut them out.  Truthfully, I am no clothes designer but I sure had hours and hours of busy cut work back then.  It's no wonder I still love paper and can still spend hours cutting it.

So doll clothes it is!   Though this time I had expert help from Julie Nutting and Jodie Lee.  It's fun to indulge this part of my life again with doll clothes.  I created a doll closet for her wardrobe , a Doll Armoire.  I used an old necklace closet/jewelry closet that I found at a thrift store and altered it.  For the ridiculously fun price of $4.99, this closet had to come home with me and get a grand makeover, Prima style.

I made the clothes hangers from the new Prima wire thread.  Cool stuff and I can see many doll dresses in my future all hung neatly in this darling little closet.

You can see the new Shabby Chic Treasures by Ingvild Bolme tucked behind my Princess.  It's a sweet little settee love seat for when my princess needs to rest a spell.  Oh Prima has thought of it all.  My closet door pulls are also new from Ingvild Bolme.
My beautiful princess dress was made from the ATC cards from the new Princess collection. Some of the ATC cards are very ornate so I took advantage of them to gussy up her dress.

Here is a close  up of my doll clothes.  I used some of Julie's stamps and cut off the body parts.  They still have sass and attitude on the hanger.

I also hung some glittered tulle and pearl strands in the armoire.  Every princess should have a walk in "glam" closet with an uplifting and positive message reminding her she is beautiful inside and out.  A message we all need to remember.
This is a photo of one of the doors - adorned with Ingvild's new resin angels (573546 Prima Resin Angels) as well as flowers and chipboard from the Princess collection and Prima's wire thread. 



Thanks for  looking.  You are going to love the new Prima releases, from the Julie Nutting stamps to the Ingvild Bolme embellishments and the Princess Collection by Jodie Lee.


910419 Prima -Julie Nutting -Aurora
951122 Prima Princess Collection - Chipboard
951092 Prima Princess Collection 6x4 ATC Pad
574376 Prima Princess Collection -Prince Charming flowers
574406 Prima Princess Collection - Happily Ever After flowers
574383 Prima Princess Collection - Castle flowers
571344 Prima -Serenity flowers
573218 Prima Something Blue - Say It In Crystals
572099 Prima Wire Thread - Sweet Pink
566036 Prima Flowers - Mini Sachet Pearl
882105 Prima Stencil
892074 Prima Ingvild Bolme Shabby Chic Treasures -Foyer
892135 Prima Ingvild Bolme Shabby Chic Treasures
572761 Prima Something Blue - Brads


Other Supplies:
Molding Paste
string pearls
ribbon
sparkle tulle
mirror
cardboard





2 comments: