Sunday, August 3, 2014

Flying Unicorns - Kit of the Month Off The Page Project - Christmas Lantern


Flying Unicorn - August Kit of the Month

Our main kit is never complete without an off the page project to get you motivated. This month we have a steel glass cased lantern manufactured by Darice that is already fro you to alter. Let your imagination soar and check out some of the amazing inspiration from the Creative Team.

The Off the Page Project this month is cool little lantern.   I decided to turn mine into a vintage feeling Christmas decoration using laces and trims and lots of gold and trims.

I also opted not to paint the lantern since it comes is a pretty rich colored aged metal. If I don't have to paint and prime - all the better.  Perhaps that is really what the driving force was behind my color choices and theme.   No matter.

I used a few different selections of ribbons and trims at the top - some wired ribbon, some lace, some organza and some random green scrap of  trim I had sitting one my scrap table.  It's green? OK then it goes on before I end up tossing it out by mistake.

The inside of the lantern is a wee tad bid hazy because there is a layer of glass on the lantern.  I filled the lantern with lace instead of painting  the inside.  The white lace is supposed to resemble snow - but my version of vintage snow.

















Thanks for stopping by.  

Supplies:
Tim Holtz Woodland Trees TH93049
Maja Design It's Christmas Time Collection - Festive Season JUL563 on the front
Maja Design It's Christmas Time Collection  - Christmas Shopping JUL572 at the top
Prima Doillie Die - 572792
Prima Flowers - Antique Mistletoe Traditional 544041
Gold trim. lace, ribbons


2 comments: