Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Grapevine Star Canvas - July Off The Page with the Flying Unicorns


Flying Unicorns Off the Page Project for  July

Included in every "Main Kit" for the FlyingUnicorns is a cool extra item called the Off the Page Project.  It's a way to get you thinking about papercrafting as a dimensional hobby and a form of home decor as well as scrapping.   This month, Alda has included a grapevine star.  It's about 8"x8". 

I chose to make mine more Patriotic and rustic.  I love Patriotic decorations.  They hold a special place in my heart.   I also decided to mount mine on a burlap backed canvas.


I started with a 9x11 blank canvas and covered it with burlap.  Them I inked the edges and added light inking to the burlap.  I used Tim Holtz Distress ink in Vintage Photo and Aged Mahogany and dabs of Barn Door. 




Next I glued some trim on the canvas and added some microspheres from 13Arts.  I wanted to bring out a little gold accent,  




If you missed the kit this month and want to protect yourself in the future from such despair, Flying Unicorns offers a pre-order option available the 20th of every month.  Sneak previews are available at that time and you decide if you want to place an order.  This option is only available for 48 hours.  At which point, the offer vanishes and you risk having to fight the sell out shoppers.

Happy Crafting and thanks for stopping.

Clearsnap Mixed Media Inx - Peaches
Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Barn Door, Vintage Photo, Aged Mahogany
Prima Mini Alpha Stickers
Trimcraft Sweet Paris Collection- fan flowers

1 comment:

  1. Super festive OTP for the 4th!!!!!! Love the addition of the gold!

    ReplyDelete