Friday, July 10, 2015

Beautiful Summer Card




Beautiful Summer Card for July

This month, the Unicorn kit features LemonCraft papers.  wow - they are beautiful and delicate and so gorgeously floral.  ahhhhh what a delight.  A few posts back I told everyone that you had to cut into the Lemoncraft papers to totally enjoy them.   Well not true.   I forgot they had some sweet little journal cards that actually don't need to be fussy cut at all. 

I took a journal card and used that as my inspiration.  TYhese were included in the Flying Unicorns kit for July. 



How did I do this?  

1.  I wanted to make a custom background for my card so I grabbed a pre-folded card and inked the edges.  

2. Pulled out my watercolor paints and dabbed different watercolors to the paper while blotting dry so my card didn't warp too much.   I also made sure I covered the places on the card that would show after my journal card was added.  

3.  I added some cardboard to the back of the journal card to add dimension.  Glued it to my greeting card. 

4.  Added embellishments - flowers, butterflies, punched pine branches. 

5.  Tucked a piece of ribbon seam binding as a bow. 

6.  Topped with a wood sentiment.  You can also stamp, or even write your own sentiment. 

7. Brighten someone's day and pop it in the mail.  



July Kit of the Month - get your kit before it's gone. 

Martha Stewart Pine punch
Lemoncraft papers House of Roses - Journal card
Watercolor paints
pre-folded card
Prima Paper Flowers
Seam Binding
Lemoncraft wood sentiment
Tim Holtz distress stain - Vintage photo

5 comments:

  1. Totally gorgeous hun, love it, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen,
    Beautiful and elegant card and your background is wonderful - I love the pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards this week Jennifer! Stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer! This is absolutely beautifully done and so darn lovely!!! I am absolutely in love with this and will try and follow your tutorial. I got the whole kit so I'll be able to do!! Thank you so much for sharing with us!!! 💞💞💞💞💞

    ReplyDelete