Thursday, July 2, 2015

Flying Unicorns and Lemoncraft Papers




Flying Unicorns and LemonCraft Papers

Here is a layout I created using the July, Your Passion Your Art, and LemonCraft papers.  
 Wow, the LemonCraft papers are really a joy to use - well even just to look at and toss in your stash - the box that says "for adoring only - do not use - do not cut".   If you are a papercrafter, you most definitely have a stack with this designation.  This is where only the most gorgeous  papers go.   Unfortunately, since this came in my Design Team kit, I had to close my eyes and cut into them ( and weep whilst I cut).

This layout is the result of many tears.  No worries.  My papers did not warp from being wet.  I blotted them up immediately before the warping set in.  ha!

This page looks more complex than it really was.  In essence this was probably a 20 min page because the paper really created the layout on it's own, my embellishments were just a little extra. 


OK so what did I do?  How did I make this so fast?  Here is what I did:

OK start with the base layer of LemonCraft ( weep weep sob).  Make your peace with it that you have to use it - then move on confidently.  

Ink the layer with inks or chalk ink.  See the pink in the bottom photo?  I added that.  It's Colorbox Mixd Media Inx in Peaches.  Only after I have added pink to the page, at that point I am ready to add a stencil. 

See the stenciling below?  That is actually Prima's gate stencil.  I used the gate stencil for the top of the page then turned the stencil upside down and used it on the bottom of the page - in the photo below. 

I sprinkled some chunky embossing enamel on my page and heated it up to add some white flecks on the layout.  I did not use embossing liquid, I sprinkled the embossing enamel right on to the page.  The embossing liquid only acts to keep the embossing powder or enamel securely in place - for example if you are using a stamp with an image you need to keep secure.  This was not my case. I really didn't care where the embossing powder or enamel landed. 

Next I cut a cardboard circle for the photo mat and added it to the page.  

Last step embellishing.  I cut some butterflies, flowers from the LemonCraft paper ( sob sob weep) and added them to my page.  The fabric flowers were tucked in to give dimension. 


The "Dream " word is a wood diecut - very delicate and perfect here. 

This is what the page looks like without the photo. It's for sale in my ETSY shop..but hold on....it will have a few companion pages so look for them as well.    I will gladly pop your photo in the layout if you provide one for me.   I can make your photo sepia or black & white. 

You can see it here.   You can also fins a companion page for sale here.  
I will also pop you photo into the companion page as well.  



You can find the July Your Passion Your Art right here

Supplies:
Flying Unicorns - July
Paper - House of Roses by LemonCraft
Flair Button - House of Roses by LemonCraft
Pink twine
Petaloo Flowers - Calla Lilies & Berries Ivory 1106001
Prima Gate Stencil (retired design)
Stampendous Chunky white embossing enamel
Prima Super Heavy Gesso
Clearsnap - Mixd Media Inx in Peaches
Petaloo Mulberry Flowers in cream

2 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous Jen! I always learn so much from you and appreciate the time you take to explain your layouts. Love your sense of humour as well! (I don't know how I'm going to cut into that paper either!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen - beautiful and elegant. Honestly, you nailed it about the paper. I have a stack that I just can't seem to use, but my husband being the realist said - use it and buy some more of the same paper. I told him that wasn't the point - it's hard to cut into - he couldn't fathom what I was talking about. Back to your layout - it is very gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete