Friday, July 17, 2015

Maja Design - Life in the Country Cards



Life In the Country
It's supposed to be summer in NY, though our weather says otherwise.  So instead of being disappointed in this ridiculous weather, I'm bringing the summer feel to me.   I pulled out  Maya's "Life in the Country" collection because it's cheery, happy, fresh and looks like summer.   These are some cards I made with the collection. 

Gosh this is such a classic, fresh fun summer collection.  When I look at it, I feel like having a picnic and celebrating with a plateful of strawberries ( I cannot lie, I'd like some dipped in chocolate too.)



Here is my first card - inspired after picking strawberries.  I looked at the papers and they made me feel like I was back outside in the sunshine with my basket.  One strawberry in my mouth and one in the basket...one more in my mouth and one more in the basket.  The best way to pick.  
 Life In the Country Card 1
This card features “In My Flower Bed” , “Kitchen Garden” , and “In the Hammock”.  I also added a touch of raffia for a country look. 

Super simple to make - lots of layers, add a touch of raffia, and top with die cut leaves, flowers, bow and wood embellie. 

simple steps:
1.  Start with base card layer.  I love pre-folded cards.  I am not the queen of the crisp scored card.
  
2.  I picked 2 patterned papers for my card layers and separated them  with a layer of white cardstock.  
           My card sandwich goes like this:  
                           pre-folded card
                           Gingham layer
                           white cardstock
                           tan striped paper

3. Pick a floral pattern and cut a 2.5inch strip BUT do not glue to the card.

4.  Pick a few strands of raffia and wrap around the floral strip. glue raffia in place in the     back of the card.  

5.  Glue strip to card.  Embellish as desired 


 Life in the Country - Card 2
July in the United States is a time to celebrate the national colors.  I created a clean and simple card with a bit of a folk art design. 

                                 Life in the Country - Card 3
This card also has plenty of layers in neutral tones with the red from "Porch" paper popping some color into the card.  The neutral paper is called "Read A Book".  

 Life in the Country - Card 4
My last card is also a bit of Americana



Thanks for looking


1 comment:

  1. Wow, these printed papers were meant for you! Each is just gorgeous, love how the red pops off these papers.

    ReplyDelete