Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Butterfly Card - with Faux Birch Background


Flying Unicorns Sept Presents:
http://www.flyingunicornstore.com
Our Small Art Big Passion is all about the love of making cards, tags atc's and anything in between. From Stamps, flowers, paper, embellishments and pretty things in between! These yummy goodies will enhance any of the kits or stand alone .

I decided to go with the DoCraft Nature's Garden theme on my card so I made some faux birch wood for my background of my card.  I also used my fabulous wood skewer trick to keep the wings aloft.  No one wants to get a card with the butterfly wings all flat and stuck together.   I have solved that forever.  But ya gotta scroll down to see my trick. 

Here is the kit....it is a mini kit -but look at the contents.  Not mini at all.
Nature's Garden by Papermania for Docraft —16 sheets, 2 sheets of decoupage cut outs, Nature’s Garden Label Stickers, Petaloo Mixed Blossoms Peach1836-051, Nature’s Garden Fabric Covered Buttons, Bo Bunny Laser cut tags, 2 yards of string twine , flying unicorn adornments.



And here are more close ups:
You can see my faux birch background.  How did I make the Faux Birch?


Secret Ingredient: To make the faux birch, I used the Sizzix-Tim Holtz Texture  Music Sheet Embossing Folder.  Ran the folder through my die machine a few times to make sure it was really deeply embossed.  

Next: I inked the edges with Tim Holtz Walnut and Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  Then I dabbed with a little Seedless Preserve to match the purples in my card.

Last Step: I needed my music notes to lie vertically for wood grain.  I gently ripped the embossed background and glued it to the card in pieces. 


ha!!!   I love using little wood skewer pieces to keep the wings aloft. 







so do not delay in getting yours!



Thanks for looking!
Products:
Our Small Art Big Passion
DoCraft Natures Garden paper pad
Prima Flowers
Raffia
Sizzix-Tim Holtz Texture  Music Sheet Embossing Folder
Tim Holtz Walnut and Vintage Photo Distress Ink, Seedless Preserve
Foil Doily
Wood Skewers

2 comments:

  1. Jen - so very, very beautiful! I always learn something new and cool when I visit your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Jennifer! Love the faux birch and skewer trick! I fell in love with that Spellbinders dies ever since you made the cards for Blitsy...so now it's on its way to me! :)
    Jenelle from FUL & Facebook :)

    ReplyDelete