Friday, December 9, 2016

DIY Card Tutorial with Flying Unicorns Authentique Believe Collection

Authentique Believe Collection: Poinsettia Card 

I have a 2 part series of cards and tutorials I made for the Flying Unicorns using Authentique's paper and Petaloo flowers. This is Part 1.  
Part 2 is tomorrow and will feature this card plus my template to download.  

So let me continue with today's card tutorial....
This bright and cheery card was created using Authentique's Believe 6x6 paper pad.  The red and green colors in this collection are wonderful jewel tones.  The Petaloo flowers chosen for this bundle match perfectly.  

I did add a sentiment stamp to my card that was from my stash.  It's a stamp from JustRite Papercrafts - Christmas Oval Wishes.  You can even handwrite the sentiment if you choose. 

Here is a close up of the floral cluster.  Scroll down and I'll show you how to assemble this.  Easy DIY instructions will get you on your way rather quickly.  

These are the paper sheets used from the Authentique Believe collection.  



This card was made using a pre-folded cream card size 5in x 6.5.  Because I am using paper that is only 6x6, I do cut the card base to accommodate and nicely fit the 6 inch paper.   I do not like a lot of "white space" around my card.  Just my personal preference. 

Step 1.  Cut all pieces and ink edges with dark brown ink.  I used Tim Holtz Walnut Stain because it is a dark rich brown that matches the paper collection.  
This is what the base of my card looks like before I embellish. Gosh I adore the two patterns on this card.  The reds checks are simply gorgeous.    
Step 2. Glue lace down first , then topped with the brown punched border strip.  No need to punch a scalloped border because a plain strip will be lovely as well.  

Step 3.  Glue the green crinkle ribbon over the brown strip.   Cut a circle 2inches diameter and ink the edges.  If you want dimension on the card, the add dimensional foam tape or cardboard to the back of the circle.  

Step 4.  Add the large green poinsettia flower first, then start building the cluster around the poinsettia.  I used the Petaloo Mulberry Street flowers as smaller companion flowers because they are amazing fillers in clusters.  They can easily be tucked here and there and the colors match the paper perfectly.   Color coordination doesn't get any better. 

Use the green flowers to act as leaves in your clusters.
Step 5.  Add the pearl strip as desired.  I added some to the bottom of the card near my sentiment, as well as to the border.  

No need to add the pearls on the entire border...no one will see the pearls under the green crinkle ribbon so don't waste them.  

And here is a close up of the card.


 Supplies for this Card:
Authentique Believe collection 6x6
Kaisercraft Pearl Strips
1/2 inch solid wrinkle ribbon
Petaloo Flora Doodle Candies Poinsettia Green 1284-211 
Petaloo Mulberry St.Mini Delphinium Green/Brown/Orange/Burg1300-100
Scalloped Lace  
Pre-folded cards and envelopes 5in x 6.5in
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Walnut Stain
Martha Stewart Edge Punch - Doily Lace Edge
 JustRite Papercrafts - Christmas Oval Wishes

*********************************************************************************

I have a template that you can download as well right here.




4 comments:

  1. these are beautiful jennifer, and so dedicated. so much heart in to these beautiful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your projects and step by step directions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outstandingly gorgeous. Too bad the green pointsettas are discontinued.

    ReplyDelete